Monday 17 August 2015

Lipstick Love.

When I first started off using Makeup on a daily basis, my lips were always something I left alone. I never did anything to them other than put on a little bit of lip balm. Up until a few months ago, I never experimented with makeup and my look and it's now only recently that I started to experiment with different shades of lipstick to wear. 
I have Olive Skin, and so was always somewhat scared of wearing lipstick, I remember being really young and finding my mums BRIGHT Red lipstick and I tried it on and it looked horrendous (now i know that's because as a 4 year old child, my makeup applying skills weren't great!) 
anyway, from then on I was scared of trying certain shades, until I went and got the "true match" foundation test they do in BOOTS (it's basically a high street drug store) and the woman gave me a card with the lipstick shades and to my honest surprise, they were mostly bright colours and a few nudes. 
With this, I then went on a crazy lipstick spending spree. 

These are my favourites that i picked up and the ones that I use on a regular basis :) 


And they are, MAC Milan Mode, Chatterbox and Creme Cup. They were all £15.50.


Milan Mode is the perfect shade of dark-ish pink, and has a gorgeous shimmer to it. This is mainly worn when I'm going out for food or drinks, it's not too much but also not too subtle. 


Chatterbox was the shade i was most worried about purchasing and wearing, but actually, when it's on, it looks so natural and even though it's visible to see that you have it on, it's not too what shall we say? "In your face" it's perfect. 


Creme Cup for me, it THE perfect nude. I love this so much, if I'm going for a basic, natural makeup look, to add a little bit of colour to my lips I just add this and it sets the complete look off perfectly. 

Those are the 3 shades I use the most and I am loving them. I have got a few other shades in mind that I would like to go and buy but I'll have to wait until pay day to purchase them. 

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed it :) 
Demi x 

0 comments:

Post a Comment