Wednesday 30 March 2016

Haircare Routine.

This is a post that I've been wanting to do for a while now. For years I've struggled finding the perfect products and routine for my hair. Which, if you're reading this you're probably thinking "surely she's joking?" I promise you, I'm not. 
My hair is so, so fine but luckily for me I have a lot. Apparently that's what works in my favour. 
I was also, never in the routine of getting it cut, it was one of them one time luxury things which I've not learnt it THE worst thing to do. 

To most of you reading (or all) The stuff I'll put in this post might be common knowledge, but I've learnt this common knowledge the hard way. 

The first thing I did was find a salon that did my hair exactly as I wanted and get into the routine of going there to get my hair cut every 6 weeks. After 2 appointments I noticed an instant change. After every cut it felt much healthier. I soon discovered it was the struggle of trying to style my hair like they did.

After searching endlessly and trying numerous products, I finally found the shampoo and conditioner that did exactly what it says on the bottle and does what I want it to do. 


It was the Loreal Elvive Fibrology Thickening shampoo and conditioner. Honestly It's amazing. 
The tangle teezer is also a perfect product. I find because my hair is so fine, no matter how many times in a day I brush my hair, it still get's obscenely knotted. Its a nightmare. 
The tangle teezer just glides straight through the knots. I'd be honestly pulling my hair out if it wasn't for this! 

The first step of my routine is brushing through my hair. I've found if I brush through my hair right before stepping into the shower, it washes so much easier. It also dries in a way that's a lot more maintainable after and not just like a massive frizz ball. 

The second thing I do, it condition straight away, this is purely because it gets rid of any knots that I've missed before or something. 

Thirdly I shampoo. The only downfall I have with this shampoo is it leaves a really straw like feel on my hair, that's not because I've conditioned before it does it when I haven't too. I don't fully understand why that is, but it honestly still works a trick on my hair. 

Lastly, I put more conditioner through it to give it the softer feel and healthier look. 

All in all, I've found this routine to be the best for me. It looks and feels so healthy and a lot thicker than it did before I started the whole process. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment