Wednesday 13 April 2016

Being an awkward person.


Being not just socially awkward, but just being an awkward person in General isn't the most pleasant. 


I've always been the same from being a young child to now. As a young child, I didn't really know what was happening and what to do about it. For instance, I'd try after school clubs and stuff but every time I tried to interact with another child of my age, they'd ignore me and run away laughing. I started to worry and think it was something that was wrong with me personally and it really, really shattered my bit of self-confidence I had. Then I suffered years of torment and bullying going through junior and senior school, which didn't help also. 

When in senior school I did try and come into myself a little more and gained a few close friends, but with all that, as well as great memories came moments that I wished I never initially made friends in the first place. 

From leaving school and sixth form, making friends and generally putting myself out there is something I began to struggle with and still do to this day. An example of this, me and my boyfriend have been together almost 8 months now, and almost if not every weekend we see his family and friends and only now, nearly 8 months later, I'm only starting to feel like I can be myself around them and not feel like I have to stand in the corner quiet and not get as involved with everything.

When contemplating setting up a blog it was something I had major anxiety about, the thought of putting myself out there on to the internet for all the  to see if they stumbled upon my tiny little corner of it was and still is frightening for me. 

Ultimately, one day I would love to get myself in the blogging community and make friends via social media and even just get myself out there a lot more and maybe even help people that go through the same thing as what I do every day. 

I would just like to say, thank you so much for coming over to my blog and reading this post. It's one I've wanted to do for a while but never really had the courage to. It honestly does mean a lot that you've taken the time to read this post :) x

0 comments:

Post a Comment