Saturday 3 October 2015

Foundation Fails.

One of the main things that I honestly hate, is running out of foundation. Or any make up for that matter. Especially foundation though. 
Sadly, this happened to me a few weeks ago and I had no other money to go out and buy my old faithful foundation which I swear by! 
The timing of running out of the foundation couldn't have come at a worse time either, it was that time we all love to hate every month and as ever, my face was all redness and giant spots (Not a very pretty sight at all).

Now, I will mention I have just got into a new relationship with someone I've been seeing for a while, we are together and happy however we are taking things pretty slow and not rushing anything. Anyway, because the relationship is very new, we're going out to places quite a lot and well, if I'm going to be completely honest, I didn't want to go out with him in public and not have a tiny bit of make up on so this made the whole scenario a little more dramatic and over exaggerated that what it actually needed to be. 

In a mad rush I headed off to town and thought I'd try the Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation.  I'd never used it before prior to this but had heard quite a few good reviews and things about it, so got it and gave it a go. 
If I'm going to be perfectly honest, it wasn't my cup of tea at all. I found that after using it, it made my face break out even more and a lot worse! 
I stuck with my every day routine which I know works but during the short period of time I spent using this particular foundation, it gradually made it even worse and I just couldn't get on with it at all. 

Thankfully I have now stocked up on my regular No7 foundation and noticed my face clear up massively! I made sure I bought enough bottles so that I don't run out of any for a while!! 

I would also like to say that, Just because that wasn't my cup of tea, doesn't necessarily mean it is the same for everyone else. Make up is all about trial and error, you don't know what suits you and what doesn't without trying. That was just my personal opinion of the product.

Thank you for reading :) 
Demi x

0 comments:

Post a Comment